Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend

It was a fun weekend at our house. Friday night we hung out at home. Libby has been carrying snow in on her paws and Brode loves playing with it on the floor. He has been outside in the snow, but he always has gloves and can't touch it. We brought some in on the entry rug and he loved playing in it! He may have even tried to eat some of his first snow! We put the little guy to bed at 7. My parents were going to be home all night so Matt and I went and saw Blind Side. We tried to go a couple times but it was always sold out so when we got gift cards for Christmas for movies we decided we would go now that it has been out for a while. It was amazing, definitely worth all the hype it got!

Saturday morning I got Brode up and gave him breakfast and a bath, then Grandma Beth came and picked him up. They usually do swimming lessons on Saturdays, but since it's been so cold and Brode gets colds easily they're going to spend this session doing other random things together in the morning. He always enjoys his time with Grandma. He came back at lunch time so he ate and took a nap right away. I eventually had to wake him up so that we could go to Aiden's 3rd birthday party! It was Brode first party and he had so much fun. I think he behaved for the most part and sat as still as a 15 month old little boy can. We came home before dinner to hang out with daddy for a bit. That night my mom and I went to Christmas with my Grandma's family while the boys had a guys night at home. We always play white elephant and unfortunately my mom and I both won prizes. Mine did not make it home because I was WAYYYY to embarassed to be seen with it, and my mom brought hers home for Brode to play with!

Sunday we spent the day playing! Brode slept in, ate great meals, and took a long nap so he was very happy all day! Gramps had to work but he tried to get him to stay by making him feel guilty. He read books and the newspaper with him all morning. We made a trip to the library in the afternoon so I could get some books for school, and he was very interested in everything going on. I tried to get him to sit in the children's section, but he is always too curious to sit still and read.

No comments: